About Me

My photo
Dodson, Louisiana, United States
For many years I struggled with a lifestyle addicted to drugs and alcohol but in 1997 was captured by the Grace of God.....now I can say I am a Christian,Husband,Father. Author of Rehab is not for the Soul " A Journey Out of Addiction"and Chief Operating Officer with the ministry of Louisiana Teen Challenge.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Why Envy?



Psalm 37:1 tells us..... Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong. In this verse David is saying not to fret about those people who are prospering by doing the wrong thing, but God lets us know that is not the way to true happiness.

I had been serving God a little over a year, I was singing in the choir, involved on the worship team etc...... and by the way I was desiring a wife. There was a friend of mine that wasn’t living for God and I remember the day so well when he walked into church one Sunday morning with a beautiful girl whose father happened to be a pastor. That’s what I wanted!!!! A pastors’ daughter!!!

Words cannot describe the emotions I felt when I saw him walk into church with her knowing he wasn’t living right. Thoughts went through my mind like God, why are you blessing him who is not serving You and I feel like You don’t care about me right now.......I think I am going back into the world!! At least I can find a wife.
I know that is some very immature thoughts but I was not exactly a mature Christian at the time and I wanted answers from God on fairness. Sounds like a little kid griping about a toy that his brother got that you wanted huh, I know it does.

The truth is that is exactly how we can be with God at times and you know how frustrating and hurtful it can be when one of your children is upset and they feel like they haven’t been treated fairly. I can only imagine how it would make God feel knowing how much he loves us and how perfectly He knows what’s best for us.
Verse 2 of Psalm 37 says for like the grass they will soon wither and then verse 3 and 4 tells us…Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
God provided me with a beautiful wife and the relationship I was envious of did not prosper. God wants to give you the desires of your heart. We just have to trust Him and don’t waste days and years of your life envying what seems like people who are prospering because without Christ no one is experiencing true prosperity.

Gary











No comments:

Post a Comment