About Me

My photo
Dodson, Louisiana, United States
For many years I struggled with a lifestyle addicted to drugs and alcohol but in 1997 was captured by the Grace of God.....now I can say I am a Christian,Husband,Father. Author of Rehab is not for the Soul " A Journey Out of Addiction"and Chief Operating Officer with the ministry of Louisiana Teen Challenge.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Rope Swing









Hebrews 11:1: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

Some of my friends and family from Alabama will know of a place called Chimney Rock on beautiful Lake Martin. At Chimney Rock there was a rope swing that I had swung on many times during my childhood but it was a time as an adult that I remember so well.

I climbed up the hill and onto the rock that you had to literally stand on the very edge to grab the rope as someone would throw it to you. It was very high in the air and once you made the decision to swing there was not the option of changing your mind midair because you would just swing back into the rocks. So, you had to be decisive about letting go when you swung out over the water.

I stood there with the rope in my hand that actually had a ski handle tied on the end that you held.  Looking up where the rope was tied on a limb of a pine tree I noticed there were several different colors of rope tied together by what had to be several different people that I didn’t know.  I was having faith in these people that they secured these ropes and I trusted my life with it.

I really felt like God spoke to my heart when I was standing on that rock with that rope swing in my hand. He spoke to me…  If you will have the faith in Me that you have in the people that secured this rope swing that you have never met or seen, I will take you for the ride of your life!!

How true that was!

God also told us in Matthew 17:20:  And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you

The reality is we tend to have a lot more faith in things that we shouldn’t,or things we don't even trust.  If we just have faith in a loving God, He is ready to take us on the ride of our life!

Have faith

Gary








No comments:

Post a Comment