About Me

My photo
Dodson, Louisiana, United States
For many years I struggled with a lifestyle addicted to drugs and alcohol but in 1997 was captured by the Grace of God.....now I can say I am a Christian,Husband,Father. Author of Rehab is not for the Soul " A Journey Out of Addiction"and Chief Operating Officer with the ministry of Louisiana Teen Challenge.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ask somebody!


Proverbs 1:5    and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsel.

I guess it’s just a man thing, that is, not being willing to pull the car over and ask for directions even when we are lost and can’t tolerate it when our wife ask us are you going the wrong way?  We don’t even like to read the instructions on how to put something new together. We just dump it out of the box and hope for the best.

There was a time I had the opportunity to buy a used Chevy Blazer wholesale and my intention was to resale it and make some extra money. I didn’t pray about it, I didn’t ask for anyone’s opinion or advice. You see, I had worked in the car business for several years before I had given my life to Christ and let’s face it; we have a tendency to not ask advice, pray etc.. about things we are knowledgeable about.  It’s because we can really get prideful in those areas of life we know a lot about.

Well, come to find out the market on the Chevy Blazer was really bad because this was right after hurricane Katrina and gas prices had really soared. If I had asked someone, I probably wouldn’t have lost money on that deal!

I’m reminded of when the disciples had been fishing all night, which was their profession. They took advice from Jesus. A preacher, teacher, carpenter not a commercial fisherman. They took his advice and went back out like He advised them and they caught fish!

It would behoove us to take advice from people who God can use to make right decisions, even people not in our so called profession.

I learned a valuable lesson from that Chevy Blazer......

Proverbs 11:14 Where no counsel is, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.

Ask Somebody!!

Gary









No comments:

Post a Comment