About Me

My photo
Dodson, Louisiana, United States
For many years I struggled with a lifestyle addicted to drugs and alcohol but in 1997 was captured by the Grace of God.....now I can say I am a Christian,Husband,Father. Author of Rehab is not for the Soul " A Journey Out of Addiction"and Chief Operating Officer with the ministry of Louisiana Teen Challenge.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Light Wins



John 11:9  .. If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. 

 I visited Toys R Us in New Orleans two days before Christmas a couple of years ago and I saw a lot of stress and anger in the parking lot, from employees inside; but, most of all from the customers hustling to find something that will show someone else how much they love them. Good Luck! You see love is an action word and giving is a way to show our love; but, as long as our love to someone is based upon something material it is simply not lasting. Love needs to be personal.

It was so personal with God that He gave His greatest personal possession, His Son. This Light would be shown in such a way that it would win any battle it comes in contact with. It causes anger to cease, addictions to go away and any problem in our lives that we allow the Light to shine upon…… it wins every time.

If you are in a large room with the lights out surrounded by darkness, not able to see your hand in front of your face, you can take a small flashlight that shouldn’t have a chance compared to all the darkness that surrounds it -- but when that small flashlight is brought into this large room of darkness, it wins!

Jesus is referred to as the light of this world for a reason. Any time we invite Jesus into our lives and allow God’s word to illuminate our steps, we win every time.  Even though the scene in Toys R Us was not one of peace and joy which is what the Christmas season is supposed to represent, isn’t it still awesome to know that all of the hustle and bustle revolves around the birth of our Lord and Savior who is the Light of the world.

Even atheists are taking off work because of the greatest event ever, Light Wins! Just recently I was talking with one of our graduates of Louisiana Teen Challenge and I was trying to describe to him that when I accepted Christ, the obvious things changed in my life like using drugs and drinking, but what was so awesome to me was how I noticed the different seasons now, like fall and spring that brought forth flowers and beautiful foliage. I was having a hard time describing it to him and then he said I know exactly what you are talking about, it’s like you were watching an old TV for 33 years (which is how long before I met Christ) and then you started watching life on a flat screen, high-definition TV. I said that’s it! The Light had illuminated my life and his in the same way and it will for all of us. Allow the Light to win in every situation in your life today and cause you to see the world differently. Don’t fall into the scene that I described at Toys R Us. Allow the Light of this world to keep your world in High Def.

Light Wins Every Time
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment